Meet Amy Ammen
Author and Dog Behavior Expert, Amy Ammen, is Director of Amiable Dog Training in Milwaukee and Honolulu where she has been helping dog owners (just like you) polish their diamonds in the “Ruff” since 1982. Over 40,000 dogs have been trained through Amiable Dog Training.
Amy provides personal, customized training and behavior counseling for dogs of all ages, breeds, backgrounds and levels. Her group classes, private lessons and workshops develop real-world skills that are practiced in a variety of settings. She is among the nation’s foremost authorities on training unusual breeds and solving difficult, confounding, and potentially life-threatening problems.
Amy is author of six books, two workbooks and three DVDs. As a TV and radio host, Amy has hosted Dogclass TV and The Everything Pet Show and has served as an expert on-air commentator educating audiences worldwide. Her dogs have won over 50 titles and are High in Trial winners.
For more information contact Amy at: dogclass.com or call/text: 414 289-7785.
Published Author and Media Personality Amy Ammen
- Dual Ring Dog, Howell Book House (1991)
- Training In No Time, Howell Book House (1995)
- Dog Training Guide to a Happy Healthy Pet, Howell Book House (1998)
- Everything Dog Book, Adams Media (2000)
- Everything Puppy Book, Adams Media (2002)
- Hip Ideas for Hyper Dogs, Howell Book House (2007)
- Host of Amiable Dog Training With Amy Ammen on Channel 14 MATA,1993-2005
- Resident dog behavior expert on Wisconsin Paw and Beak, 1998-2001
- Host of Dog Class TV on Channel 14 MATA, 2008-09
- Host of “Your Family Pet,” a live call-in show, on WRRD-AM540, 1999-2008
- Host of “The Everything Pet Show” on WEMP-AM1250, 2004-6
- Guest Host of Dr. John Beltz’s “The Pet Vet,” a live call-show on WTMJ-AM620, 2010-2013
Dog Show Competitions with Amy Ammen
- Obedience Trial Champion titles
- Highest Scoring Dog in Trial Awards
- Dogs ranked #1 nationally
- Conformation Champions and Best Junior Handler wins
- Weekend workshops for trainers and instructors throughout the United States
- Siberian Husky, Shar Tez, Am/Can UD
- Australian Cattle Dog, Zaret’s Cream City Huzzi Bear, Am/Can UD
- Briard, Ch Prix Weaselle D’occasion, UD
- Flat Coated Retriever, OTCh Wing-A-Ding Digger
- American Staffordshire Terrier, Ch and OTCh Fraja Earth Shaker
- Japanese Chin, Ch and OTCh Makami Kiwi
Training, Workshops and Speaking with Amy Ammen
- Success with even the most challenging, unique cases
- Customized private training
- Group instruction for dogs of all ages, breeds, and levels since 1982
- Off-leash control and boundary training
- Puppy training, manners, problem solving
- Rally obedience
- Small dog training
Since 1990, dozens of organizations throughout the United States and Canada have have hosted Amy’s weekend workshops “The Infinite Instructor” and “Training The Average Dog To Win.” These well-attended workshops for obedience enthusiasts receive enthusiastic reviews from participants and hosting organizations alike.
Success with Breeds (rarely seen) in the Winner’s Circle
- Siberian Husky, Tess, Am/Can UD – Multiple All Breed HIT and Dog World Award winner
- Australian Cattle Dog, Huzzi Bear, Am/Can UD – #2 AuCaDo 1978-81
- Briard, CH Weaselle, UD – Dog World Award winner, #1 Briard 1982 (the only year he competed in obedience)
- Flat Coated Retriever, OTCH Digger – Dog World Award winner, multiple All Breed HIT winner, #1 FCR 1985-87
- American Staffordsire Terrier, CH and OTCH Shaker – Specialty and multiple All Breed HIT winner, #2 Terrier 1987 all systems, first CH and OTCH American Staffordshire Terrier
- Cocker Spaniel, Jack, CDX – #3 Cocker 1985 (the only year he competed in obedience)
- Japanese Chin, Ch and OTCH Kiwi, UD – First UD Chin, multiple All Breed HIT winner, Dog World Award winner, #1 Chin ’88, #2 Toy ’89.
- Whippet, Orbit, CDX – Dog World Award winner, #1 Whippet, #3 Hound 1989 (the only year she competed in obedience)
- Tibetan Spaniel, CH. BJ – Specialty HIT winner
- Chihuahua, Amiable Able CDX, aka Able the Dancing Chihuahua
- Rat Terrier, Obey the Polka Dancing Rat Terrier
Amy Ammen: The Early Years
In 1975, Amy got her first dog (a Siberian Husky named Tess) whose youthful obstinacy launched her career as a dog trainer. Initial puppy love soon morphed into complete exasperation. Even though Tess seemed untrainable, Amy enrolled her in obedience school.
Tess with Amy, her dad, brother and step-mom.
Who would have guessed Tess would eventually become a terrific companion and one of the few High in Trial UD titled huskies in history? Four years later (at the age of 15) Amy began instructing classes and private training at all levels (and eventually trained dogs while boarding). In 1982, Amy opened Amiable Dog Training.
Personal Dogs of Amy Ammen
Have a question? Please use this form to contact me about your goals, concerns, pertinent details, physical limitations, dog’s background and other topics.
Ready to Enroll?
Visit my services page and enroll in the group class, private lesson or workshop you’d like to attend. I will contact you upon enrollment and provide additional details.